Finally, we are nearing the end of our paperchase alphabet soup. We just received notice that we have received our Travel Approval, meaning we are welcome to travel anytime to pick up our dear little Peter. We have one more step before booking our tickets, we have to make a Consulate Appointment which will finalize Peter's American citizenship.
Right now we are being given two travel options and really hoping for the first. The first option means dh will leave in about 10 days. It will put them home around one month from now. In one short month that precious boy could be home with his family. The second option means waiting a few more weeks and puts them home right around Easter, with a strong possibility of being a day or so after Easter. For so many reasons we are praying for that first option.
We should have definite travel dates in a few days. Please continue to pray for Peter and our family. For those IRL friends and family, please understand if I seem a little overwhelmed, frazzled, and such the next few weeks. The long wait finally ends with absolute chaos as we prepare for this trip and the arrival of the newest family member. Why, oh why did I leave so much to the last minute? Suitcases to pack, locate clothes for the new boy, find a dresser, move bedrooms, prepare travelers, prepare for weeks without dh... the list goes on and on.
In the end, God willing, this little boy will be home with a family that loves him dearly-- and that is worth much more than the waiting, the endless paperwork, and the ensuing chaos.