Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

6, 5, 4, 3, 2...

For these short weeks between Juliana and Sophia's birthdays we have our own little countdown of ages. Last year was more catchy with 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Still it's amusing to answer when I'm asked the ages of my kids during this time. I have been reminded that while I have thought this period with five children under the age of 5 has been trying, the real fun might be when they are 16, 15, 14, 13, and 12. I try not to go there...


Speaking of birthdays, while my poor blog has been so neglected, one of the most important reasons I started blogging was to remind myself of all that I enjoy about my beautiful children. It's posted on the side bar that "the days are long, but the years are short." The days seem to be really long lately, but I don't want to let those years slip away.


My favorite posts on this blog are the ones easy to write: the funny things my kids do, the moments when they make me proud, and the moments where if I don't laugh, I'll cry. My birthday posts have been harder to write. They prove that I'm not really a good writer, I just sometimes have good material (Joseph alone provides that).  Words often fail as I try to capture each child as they are at each age, that's why I'm so thankful for digital photography for pictures to capture what my few paragraphs lack.

To that end, I've gone back and tried to catch up on my missing birthday posts. Here are links to postdated posts:

Double Digits for my Catie Bear

A First Second Birthday for Peter

Gabriel is Three Going on Thirty

How Can Juju Be Five?

No comments: