Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Thirteen Years Ago

Now subtitled "You're So Vain, You Probably Think This Post is About You"

Last week I began this post. I just wanted a fairly short, hopefully witty, somewhat sweet, post to wish my wonderful dh a happy anniversary. A post that let him, and the world, know how thankful I am for him and our marriage.

The problem is nothing witty made its way across my keyboard. Each attempt at wit seemed either overly sarcastic or fell short of humor. Other attempts at sweetness seemed more like a sugar-coated marshmallow approach. In the end I scrapped the post, or rather I left it to wither in the draft column of unfinished blog posts. Then I began new posts, posts about summer activities, the finished kitchen remodel, our coming vacation, and school starting.

Dh, however, feels thirteen long years of marriage to me deserves, at the very least, a small blog post commemorating these years together. So here it is, several days late, still not witty, and probably so sickeningly sweet it will cause our children's teeth to develop cavities...

Thirteen years ago, I began the adventure of a lifetime with my wonderful dh. Who knew thirteen years later I would love him more than I did that day? Thank you for your constant, faithful love of God, His Church, our beautiful children-- and me.

Happy Anniversary, I love you very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, that you do grow to love your spouse more and more as time goes by... Happy Anniversary!!!!