I wouldn't want anyone to think that the only reason I love fall is college football. There is so much more than that. Here are some of my favorites:
- Knee-high socks on my girls. Being homeschooled they are largely unaware of fashion so they get on kicks. Last year it was anything that made them look like they belonged on with Laura and Mary on the prarie. This year it is anything that resembles a school uniform. Plaid skirts with knee high socks will always be cute.
- New school books. We got one last package of new books this week. I just love the crispness of the pages and the excitement of looking through what we get to learn (I say we because I am often in need of a refresher, especially with History).
- Apple picking, hayrides, pumpkin patches. We will be doing more of this in the coming weeks.
- Sweaters, sweatshirts, and jeans and new shoes to crunch the leaves.
- Squash soup. We had it for dinner tonight. It is such an easy soup to make and it is absolutely hands down one of my favorite meals. A salad and a loaf of bread and you have some serious comfort food that is fairly healthy. I can't wait for tomorrow's leftovers.
OK, my favorite is still football, but tonight's dinner reminded me of how much I love this time of year.