Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Little Flowers

Today was our first Little Flowers meeting. Little Flowers is similar to a Girl Scout group. The girls have a troop that meets once a month and earns badges for learning about and practicing various virtues. While the girls love this group, I always seem to have a hard time getting school wrapped up and everyone out the door. This being only our second week of school and the first meeting, today was especially difficult. Let me replay some of the conversations we had as I try to brush their hair to make them presentable. Keep in mind, we are behind schedule and rushing to get out the door.

First I try to get Bear's hair.

Me: What is this in your hair?
Bear: Ouch that hurts!
Me: We just washed your hair, what is this?
Bear: OOOOWWWWW!

Turns out she had cheese from her egg sandwich at breakfast all through her hair.



Next up is Banana.

Banana: Do you like Lavender kamokie?
Me: What?
Banana: Does Lavender kamokie really help you sleep?
Me: What are you talking about?
Banana: Your soap... You know the lavender kamokie stuff.

Turns out she meant Lavender Chamomile (the picture is a little fuzzy). No, it does not make me sleepy --a post about my soaps is in the works...


Lastly I have to get Bophie's hair.

Bophie: Me get pigtails... two pigtails.... me pigtails....
Me: Ok, give me a second I am trying to find them.
Bophie: Me get pigtails... two pigtails.... me pigtails....
Me: Hold on a second. Where are those elastics?
Bophie: Me get pigtails... two pigtails.... me pigtails....
Me: Come on, I bought 500 of them, surely I could find 2!
Bophie: Me get pigtails... two pigtails.... me pigtails....
Me: Just imagine your best mom rant. I buy these things by the thousands, we have a small fortune in hair clips, but I can never seem to find one when I need one, etc.

I look down to see this:
Turns out, Bophie has been systematically taking the elastics and putting them on the knobs. This is only one. She has done it to all 8 of the knobs in my bathroom. I can tell you if it was as hard to put them on as it is to take them off, she has spent quite some time at this project.

Frazzled, we still made it to Little Flowers on time. I treated myself to a much needed cup of coffee and a cookie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bophie: Me get pigtails... two pigtails.... me pigtails....

Too cute! :)