Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Peace

Since receiving the news of little Joseph things have been hectic. There is so much paperwork to be done on top of the business of life with four children. There are times I get a little anxious about how we are going to do this. None of my girls have even had stitches, will I really be able to deal with surgeries? I read message boards and start to get a little overwhelmed.

In one of those anxious moments, while searching for more information about our little one, I came across this quote on the web page that announced the arrival of our child into the foster home where he is currently receiving care:

“Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.”
– Mother Teresa

A quote from Mother Teresa published by the people caring for our little child! It just shows the hand of God in this adoption. It is another reminder for me to put my hope in the Lord. He has already given me a beautiful sense of peace about this adoption. This quote was just another instance of Him reminding me how much He is guiding this process. I am thankful for this little consolation on an anxious morning.

3 comments:

Laura said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL Mother Teresa quote.
My thoughts are with you.(As is my admiration(

Anonymous said...

I missed your announcement about your new little one. Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly and he is in your arms as soon as possible.
Amy in Iowa

Herd Momma said...

You are so correct. God is totally behind this adoption. Joseph is meant for you and your family. And Honey, I've done the obvious broken arm, emergency surgery at midnight to put 3 pins in my 3 year olds arm. I've done stitches in the chin, glue on the forehead. Kidney surgery on a one year old. Iv's, cathaters, toys up noses, marbles down throats. And you know what I handled them all with a smattering of grace and composure. Because the last thing I wanted was for them to kick me out because I was hysterical or uncooperative. It's when it's all over and God lifts the veil that you sit down, shake uncontrollably and have a beer, glass of wine, martini, one---more---all of the above whatever the situation requires. AND When God blessed me with all these amazing active boys he didn't forget to first bless me with my Biggest Boy, my Tom. Because of him and God's Grace we get through it all.
Love ya!
Amy