Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Coupon Kismet *

* That's close enough to alliteration, right?

Last night I took Banana to soccer practice. Since all three other girls were down for the count with fevers, headaches, sore throats, and congestion, I had to go alone. It was a welcome hour and a half to myself. I decided to head to Target to use my latte coupon. I ordered my pumpkin spice latte and I have to say it was delicious. Perhaps a little too sweet for my tastes, it was almost like drinking a pumpkin roll, but a wonderful treat last night (I still don't think I'd pay $4 for it though). I was thinking of my friend Jenny who got the Charmin coupon and counting my blessings at having such coupon luck.

I then picked up a few things for the girls. They had summer clothes on clearance for 75% off! Then I made my way back to the checkout. I put in the credit card into the machine that takes my money all too quickly sign and wait for my receipt. You'll never believe my luck-- I got another coupon for the pumpkin spice latte. I laughed out loud in the checkout. The poor cashier thought I was nuts.

I don't mean to brag. I do feel sorry for poor Jenny, but I must have some serious coupon kismet:) either that or heaven knows I needed a break this week with four (Banana is now feverish) sick girls at home.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

First of all -- don't you love how that machine sucks your card in at lightning speed?....

And I would have completely busted up at the 2nd coupon -- you lucky duck, you!