Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Courage

“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day, saying ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”– unknown

I came across this quote on the Internet a few days ago. I don't remember exactly where, but it jumped out at me. It has been a long few weeks around here. Unfortunately, there have been a few moments I roared, though not out of courage. This reminded me tomorrow is a new day-- a new opportunity for the quiet courage demanded by my vocation.

I would love to hear other quotes, sound bites, adages, or proverbs that hit home for you this week. I am thinking about making this a Friday tradition for me as I have quite a few in my draft posts.

1 comment:

Herd Momma said...

Thank you! I read this on your comment to Kim. And oh honey, I have roared alot lately too. This morning as I lay awake getting ready for my day I kept repeating "It's a new day. Give me patience." It rained all night and isn't planning to let up today. The kids have also been trapped at school because of rain. Patience is high on m list of request today!