Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Home For The Holidays

I didn't mean to leave everyone wondering how the trip ended, it's just that between Christmas and jet lag I am running on fumes. Yesterday I put the milk in the cupboard, a Splenda packet (wrapper still on) in my tea, and fell asleep sitting up.

Before leaving China, Juliana had been running a high fever and we had a scare at security in the Guangzhou airport, but managed to run to the gate and make it on the flight. We arrived home Christmas Eve. It was a trip of a lifetime, but I am so glad to be home.

The girls are enjoying loving on their new sister and Juliana is enjoying the attention. She has been sleeping quite a bit, but in good spirits when awake. She enjoys watching all the activity and listening to all the chatter. In this house of girls there is endless chatter. The girls all looked so much bigger. It's amazing how much they grow in two weeks. It felt so good to wrap my arms around them.

We went to Mass together on Christmas morning it was truly the highlight of this whole adoption process. It was wonderful to be back celebrating the sacraments with our whole family reunited -- what amazing Christmas blessings our family has received. There were some older Chinese women on our long flight home who kept telling us how lucky Juliana was to be adopted. Standing in Mass on Christmas I knew it was us who were not lucky -- but blessed to have her. She has already brought untold joy to us. We are fortunate to have been chosen to spend our lives with her. We are blessed to have a God who came to earth so that we might be adopted into His family.

Thank you to all our family, friends, and cyber-friends for all the prayers and words of encouragement as we travelled to pick up Juliana. There were many times your kind sentiments and prayers inspired me and kept my spirits up when I was homesick or worried. We are blessed to have such wonderful friends and family. May you all have a very blessed Christmas season.

4 comments:

Herd Momma said...

Adorable. I'm so happy to hear you are home safe and all are well. I'm sure the girls we just as thrilled to see you as you were to see them. Get some rest friend. Blessed Christmas.

Unknown said...

How wonderful to see all your girls together! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm very happy for you & wish you only the best. Hopfully next time we are in Cincinnati, we can all get together. God bless and keep in touch.

KHM said...

Glad to see you made it back in one piece - we were all three wiped out! We are starting to feel human again. I am very impressed you managed to get to church!