Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

New Horizons

Does this face sum up the pride felt in a new accomplishment?
I will not show you a picture of my face, hers is much cuter. I can say it is not as content as little Juliana. It is rather frazzled, there are bags under my eyes, and the pigtail just doesn't hide the fact I have had no time today for any sort of appearance maintenance. Now when I turn my back I have to worry where the little one has climbed!

It is amazing how quickly she is gaining new skills. It is hard to believe only two months ago she was barely sitting up. Now she is crawling, pulling herself to a standing position, and even climbing.

OK, there is a little pride in my eyes-- it will be easier to recognize when she learns how to come down the stairs...

4 comments:

Kim H. said...

Nikki, it is amazing how she is growing and doing all sorts of new things. I just wonder how she processes the growth of her world in her mind. Sometimes you wish you could just get in to their heads.

She's just beautiful and everytime I see her with you it makes me smile on the outside and the inside -- and she's NOT even MY baby! But I know she's lucky to have your family to call her own.

Maria (also Bia) said...

She looks so adorable.

Unknown said...

She is so beautiful! What a great accomplishment!

Laura said...

You know what comes to my mind?
Dollbaby
Cute little doll baby.