Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

Joining in with the lovely ladies of Like Mother, Like Daughter to
~ Capture the context of contentment in everyday life ~

 {pretty}
This is my new hydrangea. After a grueling month of yard work we (and by we I largely mean dh) have cut down and removed two trees, one massive bush, and an evergreen. We also had a weekend of mulching, and bit by bit we have been replanting. I have always wanted a hydrangea and while I still have an affinity for the really old varieties, I am looking forward to watching this one grow.

My petunias are also really taking off this year. For the past three years I have ordered them from the Boy Scouts. They now seem to be reseeding on their own and the profusion of flowers makes a beautiful path to our front door.

{happy}
On Sunday we took a walk through the "downtown" area of our small town and had a beautiful afternoon. These little ones, despite (or perhaps because of) their boundless energy never cease to bring me joy. 

At the end of our walk we stopped to see our community garden plot. Happily, we are starting to see quite a few fruits, or rather vegetables, of our labors. The girls were particularly glad to see this year be more successful than we were last year.

{funny}
I couldn't help but post another picture of Gabe at the piano. He just cracks me up. He loves to sit there and although he only hits a few keys, he sings his little heart out. 

{real}
Can you imagine what I am in for when this little three year old is thirteen?

2 comments:

bobbi said...

happy - gorgeous family

funny - loooove that pic :-)

Jamie said...

Hi I'm a new follower from Catholic Mothers Online. I love all your pictures!!

Looking forward to reading.

For Love of Cupcakes