Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A New Journey

The girls have told me that it is only fair that we blog this adoption journey as well so that sweet Margaret will one day be able to read about the lengths her family went to find her.

This is Liang Qi. 
In a few days she will be Margaret Zelie. 

She is a sweet girl from Shanqiu, Henan but currently living with a foster family in Shanghai. Please pray for our family as we travel to bring her home.

I don't think I'll ever forget all of our children standing in the garage waving goodbye to us as we left for the airport. Each of them was so excited about this new sister, despite being sad about us leaving. Everyone is willing to pitch in and help. Everyone is willing to endure a little chaos. All to bring home one more little one. Each of them have shown the beauty that comes from recognizing the inherent worth of every life. The truth is, if it were just my decision we may not have been here. Since my cardiomyopathy diagnosis I have been tired and a little afraid of all that a new baby entails. My dh and children have shown that they will fill in the gaps when I am tired, they reminded me that our family has a lot to offer even if I feel a little overspent. More importantly, they showed me that God does not measure using our "first world" standards. He calls us to love. So here we are... because as Mother Teresa says, "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."

No comments: