Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Sacred Heart Tees

I was inspired by Charlotte's post about t-shirts for today's Feast of the Sacred Heart. We bought our shirts to tie-dye today. Then, when I went to the craft store, I was overwhelmed with the options. Having already tie-dyed once with the girls we looked for something that might be a little more toddler friendly. We opted for these. I used a foam cut-out heart and let the girls spray and spray and spray. We then used to heart stencil to apply glue and some glitter (I kind of liked them better without the glitter). A fabric pen filled in the vine, thorns, and cross.

All in all, I am happier than I thought I would be with them. I really liked the fabric spray, it was easy to use and the foam heart cutout was a nice effect. It doesn't hurt to have an adorable four-year-old to wear them, That former washing machine model, now t-shirt model can make anything look cute.

1 comment:

Herd Momma said...

I saw those shirts too. I love yours as well. And the model is especially sweet. Been catching up on your post. That little Gabe is a darling. And I love the story of your morning with Joseph. It's the little things right? Big Hugs!