Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Marital Disagreement and the Reign of Femininity

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? So, being apart the last few weeks, dh and I should have no reason to be in disagreement. The trouble is the timing... after all the excitement of last night's safe arrival of our travelers and the excitement of welcoming little Peter, this morning was my ultrasound. This, of course, brought up our perennial disagreement over whether we should find out the gender of our newest baby -- I want to be surprised, dh wants to know.

Four weeks ago when I scheduled this appointment, I thought there was virtually no chance he would be back in time to go with me. I told him this was to be our fifth mid-pregnancy ultrasound, our eighth child, it was time for me to win. Since he wouldn't be there I wasn't finding out.

I never dreamed that in those four short weeks we would have gotten travel dates, booked tickets, had him travel for two and a half weeks, and be home in time for the appointment. That's how it worked out and I thank God for all the graces he granted our family these last few weeks.

So I caved... absence does make the heart grow fonder, and I knew I was happier making him happy.

We are going to have a sweet baby girl...

The boys could have pulled off a tie, but I think God knew four high school boys was more than I could handle. I do love those boys, but am also excited about the return of all things feminine in our home.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah girls :) I'm having a girl too in may. I have 3 boys too and frankly more boys than girls in my house would scare me.

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Congratulations!