Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Care to make a wager?

I am not a betting person. Yes, I have played slots-- for a quarter. I am too frugal (read: too cheap) to really bet on anything. The slots thing was more because we were in Vegas with friends and I was out to have a good time. But, I digress...

Tomorrow is a big day in our household. We are all going to crowd into my poor OB's tiny ultrasound room to see our newest addition. There is a perennial argument between dh and I this time each pregnancy. I like to be surprised, he wants to know. With Bophie's pregnancy I compromised and told my absolutely wonderful OB that he could only tell us if it was blatantly obvious. I didn't want him to go looking. I swear to you that man did not have the machine resting on my belly two seconds before he said, "Another girl!"

This pregnancy, dh has employed more dubious tactics for winning our "should we find out" battle. He pitted our children against me. He talked to all of the girls and convinced them we should find out. Now I am overwhelmingly outnumbered. In the past I have found no support amongst extended family (they all want to know as well) and now my own children have abandoned me.

He also has placed his wager, he has been calling this baby **** (a very feminine name) for weeks. I am not so sure, although I have to admit all statistics predict this child is a girl. The girls and I had a good conversation about this over dinner one night and we are all thankful God makes the decision as we were unable to determine which sex we would prefer. A brother for Joseph would be nice, but we have lots of girl stuff and sisters are wonderful. Some children liked the idea of a new brother and a new sister at the same time.

All bets are off after lunch time tomorrow, assuming the ultrasound is accurate. Until then, let me know what you think...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thinking boy...but healthy is what matters! Can't wait to see the results...and if you are having another girl, Daddy and Joseph will be blessed amongst women! ;)

Allison said...

Hmm.. I'm thinking another girl. But I think a little boy would be wonderful!

Regina said...

we dont find out either. with our second we had a late ultrasound, around 36 weeks and found out. then we were like, hmmm, now what? we wont find out again, like the suspense in the delivery room.


i am going with boy.
r

Melissa's Heart said...

Well, I'm going to say boy for this one only because you seem to be so much more tired with this pregnancy... and because I would love to see Joseph get a brother. However, I love all of your girls so much that I know the baby will be such a blessing no matter which it is!!
P.S. I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!!! :-)

Kim H. said...

As I posted on your FB -- I say boy only cause I think Joseph needs a brother -- but I'm with you -- statistically, I think it might be another girl.

No wager for me! :)