Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday's Food for Thought

I am really enjoying this Friday quote post. Today's quote has to be one of my all-time favorites. It is from a prayer book I found at a used book store, the book is probably one of my favorites as well.


"You may dazzle the mind with a thousand brilliant discoveries of natural science; you may open new worlds of knowledge which were never dreamed of before; yet, if you have not developed in the soul of the pupil strong habits of virtue which will sustain him in the struggle of life, you have not educated him, but only put in his hand a powerful instrument of self-destruction."
St. Rose Philippine Duchesne

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

St. Rose was a very, very wise woman. Lovely quote, Nikki! I too, am enjoying your Friday quotes. :)

Hugs!

And Go Bucks!