Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

More Pictures

This seems to be the week for picture posts for me. So when I was tagged by Amy, I decided to play along. I don't mind showing off my adorable children. The bonus in this picture is my dh in a wetsuit! It was fun to think back to this trip.

Here are the rules:
1. Choose the 4th folder where you store pictures on your computer.
2. Select the 4th picture in the folder, and post it on your blog.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag four people to do the same.
5. No cheating (cropping, editing, etc.)

In this picture Banana had just turned 4, Bear was about 20 months. Dh was trying to convince either of them to go out into the ocean with him. They both decided they were having enough fun with Mom making sand castles. It is from a trip to Southern California a year after we moved. It is also the day I embarrassed myself horribly by screaming like a teenage girl in the middle of the beach. Dh loves the water and we happened to be lucky enough to be at the beach on a day when the leopard sharks were migrating. He was begging me to come out and see them. I eventually (very reluctantly) relented. There is something about chasing sharks that doesn't seem right to me. He proceeded to scare one (they are about 24-36 inches long) into my direction. I did the natural thing and screamed -- I was pretty loud too. The other shark watchers were not happy with me.

For fun, here is the next picture in the folder. It is one of my all-time favorites.

I tag Kim, Regina, Bia, and Corrine.

3 comments:

Kim H. said...

I'm sorry but David in the wetsuit is TOO MUCH! And I always thought his sense of adventure was a little "off" -- but now I know for sure! Chasing sharks, of any kind is JUST WRONG!!! Just curious -- was that wetsuit made of steel mesh or something?....

Super cute 2nd photo of the girls...I can't believe they were ever that SMALL!!! Cute matching outfits btw -- you always dress your girls so adorably!

Laura said...

My heart just jumped at the whole shark thing...no way no how...would I be in that water.
Jaws ruined me.
I see a haiku coming on this.

Regina said...

super cute pic
i would never have gotten in the water!
. . . off to do this
r