Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Belated Two Months With Juliana

Now that we are back in the Midwest, I can expect that the months of changing weather will not only bring thunderstorms, rain, hail, and high winds; but also will often bring headaches, achiness, runny noses, and sore throats. This past week, the brief spell of spring-like temperatures were enjoyed by most people. Those of us with sinus problems, however, do not enjoy such quick changes in temperature. This time it brought the perfect storm to my health. I developed a sinus infection that caused bronchitis and to add to the fun I decided to catch Banana's strep throat.

My Valentines Day? Spent in bed. Poor dh spent the evening watching movies by himself after having spent the day alone as I didn't quite make it out of bed, except for a visit to the urgi-care for some heavy duty antibiotics. The meds are starting to have some effect for me. I feel somewhat better this morning. Banana, on the other hand, had to go back in today for her second round of antibiotics. Thankfully the strep is gone, but it looks as though she has inherited my sinus issues.

While I was down for the count, I also missed out on the two month update with Juliana. This month has been another month of growing in affection. She now not only smiles when I pick her up, she also often lays her head on my shoulder. She has been fussy the last few days and it has required me pulling out the backpack so I can get some work done. She often spends the afternoon riding along as I finish household chores and make dinner. All my girls have gone through the backpack stage, so I figure this shows how well she is learning our ways.

I think the fussiness is a result of some teeth finally making their way through. So far only swelling, but I think soon enough we will start to see some pearly whites. She is also starting to pull herself up on the furniture. Dh thinks she has only a few weeks before walking, I think it will be a little longer. She loves to play peek-a-boo, clap her hands, and shake her head yes and no. I so enjoy watching her smile and look so delighted when she masters some small feat. She is such a joy to our family.

I was asked a question about what lead us to adoption and I am sorry if it seemed I ignored the question. I did not mean to do so. When I started to try to answer that question it became a jumbled mess. I am trying to find some time to edit the post. Hopefully you will see it soon. I am also planning to get the nickname poll going...sometime soon.

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

So, did David sit around and watch Die Hard or Rambo?