Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Well educated?

I have to admit it, I am a sucker for all those blog quizzes and such. I take them, I just don't post them because I am ashamed to admit how many of these quizzes I have taken. There is one that I have been particularly curious about, but too afraid to take -- The Blog Readability Test (TBRT). I was afraid to see Elementary School level pop up.

I started this blog knowing I was not much of a writer. The problem is I am not crafty enough to scrapbook, I am not disciplined enough to journal, I am not talented enough to photograph well. Basically, I was going to have to deal with the fact I am not talented in these areas, but I needed some way to capture this time. As the quote on my sidebar says, "The days are long, but the years are short." The blog has become my outlet for capturing day-to-day memories.

I wanted to take the TBRT, but I didn't necessarily need a reminder of my lacking skills. Today, I worked up some courage and I took the test. After all, taking the test does not mean I have to post the test. Imagine my surprise when this was the result:


blog readability test

Wooo-hoooo!! I guess I am smarter than I thought. I can't wait till dh sees this as he is always second guessing my grammar :) We all know these quizzes are reliable indicators of character and personality. Certainly, they are just as reliable when it comes to measuring education!

I think the real compliment goes out to all of you reading this blog. After all, you are the ones doing the reading. I guess that college education was good for something -- reading blogs! It's good to know the small fortune paid for that education is finally paying it's dividends :)

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

Dear Mrs. Blog Fancypants,

Congrats!

Signed,
Your friend whose blog only requires a high school education to understand it.