Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Waiting

It's 8:23 a.m. The phone is charged. Last night dh changed it to the loudest ring he could find. He also turned on the vibrate. This is the one morning I will answer my phone. I have my list of questions for the agency printed and hanging on the refrigerator. Despite my better laundry judgement, I have a pen and my phone in my pocket. Our agency is in Colorado, no one is even there yet. They won't call until after 11:00 a.m. local time. It could be as late as this evening. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. The girls are excited too. Banana is reading over my shoulder. I know she is just as anxious as I am to see this little one's picture.

How am I supposed to teach perfect squares to my third grader? My first grader has some grammar we didn't finish yesterday. Even the littlest one is more squirmy. Perhaps my time would be better spent working on a new banner for the blog? I am not even sure I could concentrate on that...

4 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

I am waiting with you. Please keep us posted!!!!!

Oh, and I give you full permission to totally forget school today! This is too exciting!

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

I meant to ask. How long after this introduction before you get to bring your child home?

Nikki said...

God-willing, our agency says we will be home by Christmas. It might be Christmas Eve, but the goal is to have her here before then. I really hope so. I am distraught about leaving the girls. I won't be able to handle being gone over Christmas.

For 3 years I have stored away little gifts for her first Christmas (I always shop the after Christmas sales and sock them away). My mom bought all 4 girls beautiful Strausburg dresses at Easter this year (you wouldn't believe the deal) and I really want them to ALL wear them!

Unknown said...

How exciting! You will be in our prayers! I am so glad to have found your blog or you found me! I can't wait to watch this unfold!